Regina I. Birchler, MA, LDT/C, NCED
33 Bullard Drive, W.P.I.
Lavallette, New Jersey 08735
732-691-2694 cell 732-250-2765 fax
- To provide comprehensive research based psycho-educational evaluations and consultative services to school districts, students, professional and parents.
- To perform 504 evaluations and identify accommodations.
- To provide tutoring services.
- To perform dyslexia evaluations.
- To utilize visualizing and verbalizing training.
NJ Supervisor ● NJ Teacher of the Handicapped K-12
NJ Learning Disability Teacher Consultant ● NJ Teacher of Nursery School
NJ Permanent K-8 ● NJ Teacher of Reading K-12
NJ Teacher of English K-12 ● National Certified Educational
- To utilize graduate school training (Georgian Court University) “Orton Gillingham Multi-Sensory Reading and Math Curriculum.
- To utilize training in dual coding curriculums: “Visualizing and Verbalizing”; “Talkies” (younger students) for cognitive development, comprehension and thinking; “Word Problems.” All curriculums are related to language comprehension difficulties, both written and oral. (Lindamood-Bell, San Luis Obispo, CA 2014)
- “Enhancing Brain Function” March 1988 and February 1989 Asbury Park Board of Education, Workshops for Parents.
- “Test Preparation Course for National Certification of Educational Diagnosticians”
- Fairleigh Dickinson University -Madison, NJ - July 2009
- Hamilton Park Conference Center-Florham Park, NJ - July 2011
- Hamilton Park Conference Center-Florham Park, NJ - July 2012
- Sponsored by NJ Association of Learning Consultants (NJALC)
- “Autism and the Law”- By Valerie A. Powers Smith, Esquire
- Facilitator, Planner (Sponsored by NJALC) - Brick Library October, 2010
- “Visualization and Verbalization” May 12, 2018 Jersey Shore Sp. Ed. Camp, Toms River Regional Schools
- Learning Disability Teacher/ Consultant
-Shore Educational Diagnosticians (Private Practice), 2014-Present
-Beach Haven School (organizer), 1999-2013, 2017-2019
-Montessori Nursery School , 1972-1975
-Medford Lakes School District (interim), July 2017-November 2017
-Pemberton Township Schools, March 1990-1997
-Maternity, Sick Leaves (PT):
-Southern Regional Middle School, 2007-2008
-Long Beach Island School District, 2008-2009
-Island Heights, 2005-2006
- Classroom Teacher
-Asbury Park Board of Education-Primary P.I., Class September 1986-March 1990
-Berkeley Township Board of Education-P.I,N.I., Class January- June 1986
-Newark Board of Education- Grade 4, 1964-1965
-Toms River Board of Education – K and Grade 5, 1965-1969
-Alpha School-Summer of 1989 (11-14 age range-ED and NI)
-Supplemental Teacher for Toms River Child Study Teams
Dr. Lawrence Oliver (Thomas McIntyre LDTC) 1983-1985
Dr. Lawrence Oliver (Rita Herber LDTC) 1973-1975
- Title I Teacher
-(Summers) Toms River Board of Education 1966-1968
-Assistant Superintendent (Doc Ricketts) Representative for Toms River at Cooperating Teachers’ Meetings, Princeton, NJ 1966-1968
- Homebound Teacher
-Toms River Board of Education, 1984-1985
-Lavallette Board of Education (special Class educable), 1965-1966
- Co-Operating Teacher
-Georgian Court College Senior, January-April 1968
-Trenton State LDT-C Extern, July 1992
- Montessori Nursery School
-Parent organized and directed
-Special Education Teachers in Specialized Techniques, 2009-2019